Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh the eighties. (/ Late 70s)

"Hey, is stormtrooper one or two words*? I need it for an essay."
I realized that I never had that problem before.

I'm doing this massive research paper on how, from its inception, the Arthurian legend has been shaped by current events, which in turn affect the stories that follow. In my rough draft, during my segment on Excalibur, I mentioned how the shiny shiny shiny armor is reminiscent of the Cylons in Battlestar Galactica. My teacher mentioned how it's more likely that they were trying to imitate the stormtroopers from Star Wars.

Now that we pretty much have our papers done, we'll be spending the last two weeks of class looking at Arthur in TV shows, specifically Babylon 5, Dr. Who, and Merlin.
This is a fun class :)










*Only one

No comments:

Post a Comment