Saturday, June 6, 2009

Alison Humphreys

I changed my blogger profile name from "Alison" to "Alison Humphreys" so I would be one of the first people to show up if I googled myself. After I did that, I actually did google myself. It didn't work.

So I googled "Alison Humphreys" Lunch and "Alison Humphreys" Narcissism and "Alison Humphreys" Everyone and so on. Didn't work.

I finally did a search for Everyone Cares What I Had For Lunch. The title of my blog, in case you didn't know, is a reference to Margaret Mason's blogging book called "No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog". I thought I was so clever naming my blog after a blogging book. Oh my, how clever I am.

Until I found out that there's another blog with the same name. It started 6 months before mine and is mostly pictures of the lady's kid. And she has six followers, which totally trumps my one.

So, you know, sad...

On the plus side, I've now used "Alison Humphreys" six times in this post and title, which may boost my standings.

Alison Humphreys



Here is an update from a day and a half later:
If you google "Alison Humphreys" (with quotes) this post is the last entry on the first page. I will file this under WIN.


Further Update: Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment