Monday, July 6, 2009

Archaeology

As we're moving and all, I have been going through drawers and boxes and the like in my room and finding things that bring nostalgic smiles to my face.

For example, here is a promissory note I wrote and made Leah sign, when I leant her $25 to buy an Avenue Q t-shirt that time Avenue Q came to town. She really wanted to get the shirt and I really did not want to lend out my money as there have been several occasions where I did not get paid back. After some pressure from some parents, I relented. Before I gave her the money, she had to sign this:


I hereby pledge to return Alison's twenty-five dollars - borrowed this 21st day of July, 2007 - at the very first chance I get. If I ever get a job, my first paycheck will pay Alison back. If I ever get money as a gift, it will be used to pay Alison back. I will not buy anything else until I pay Alison back, unless I still have at least $25 after the purchase, with which I will pay Alison back.

Signed/Dated



It tickles me for some reason, though I can see why you crazy kids won't find it funny.
But I don't want to keep the note.
So I'm posting it here and throwing the original away.


No comments:

Post a Comment