Monday, July 26, 2010

I Write Like

(I was going to put some pun in the title - call it, like, The Write Stuff or something - but I couldn't think of anything that wasn't just awful.)

My friend Stephanie has a blog, which I was looking at today. Recently she wrote about this website called I Write Like that will analyze writing and say what that person writes like.

I input many of my blog posts. I got Charles Dickens once and Margaret Mitchell once. But every other time - out of two pages of blog posts - I got Cory Doctorow.






I write like
Cory Doctorow
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

See?





Honestly, I haven't read too much of his work, and I wasn't sure who he was off the top of my head. But I'm a semi-regular reader of Boing Boing - especially during the school year. So I'm ok with this. And I'll definitely pause to check out the next book I see of him.

(Although I stuck in a G.K. Chesterton essay and was told he writes like Dan Brown. And Stephen King apparently writes like J.K. Rowling. So we'll take this with a grain of salt.)


No comments:

Post a Comment