Thursday, July 15, 2010

R.I.P. MySpace

Today I deleted my MySpace. I had to jump through many, many figurative hoops to do it.
Alison: Cancel my account
MySpace: Are you sure? Why? You're still sure? You know this is permanent, right? Ok, we'll send you an email. Are you sure? Really? Fine, you're deleted. I hope you're happy on Facebook. Jerk.

I haven't been on it in several months, but I kept putting off because I have a lot of pictures on there that I wanted to delete, lest they disappear forever. Tonight I finally got around to downloading them and am now free from my MySpace chains.

I found one thing that was unexpected. They added a view counter to the pictures, so you can see how many people viewed the picture since January of 2009. Most of mine averaged at about 5-10 views each.  Except for this one:
5510 Views. My next highest was 40.
I think this is because it was my profile picture for quite a while and also my friend Natalie, pictured in this with me, has a bit more profile traffic than me. I'm guessing.

One thing I will miss about MySpace, sort of, is the ability to fill out stupid surveys that no one will really care about. And post them in bulletin form many times a day.

And so: 

MY LAST MYSPACE-STYLE SURVEY, POSSIBLY
Taken from MySpaceBulletins.com, as none of my MySpace friends seem to be active anymore. Excluding bands and the like.
(This one is titled "Super Duper Random")

No comments:

Post a Comment