Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Retrospective

I’m in full-on spring break mode.

Which is a shame, because I’m not quite done with schoolwork yet.

Yet I found myself reading my friends’ blogs instead of working on a project for my Social Work Research class.

Anyway, as I sit here in the airport (7 hours left!), catching up on all of your lives I gleaned several bits of information. Mainly that I have incredibly talented, humorous, thoughtful friends who are way more mature and grounded than I am. And also that several people I like will be graduating and I’ll never see them again and that’s very sad.

But the point of this particular blog post – the one that I’m writing/you’re reading right now – is, as usual, about me. My blog and I just had an anniversary. We’ve been together (minus our recent estrangement) for two years.

I bring this up because one of my friends – and I’m sorry, I honestly can’t remember who – recently had an anniversary with his/her blog and celebrated it with highlights of their time together.

I’m the type of person who will write something and immediately be filled with pride and shame. I will think something is clever, but poorly written. Or endearingly passionate, but a bit melodramatic. Or nicely worded, but boring. Here are five posts that I find much more pride than shame in, mainly from The Early Days:

1. Mouthwatering

April 2, 2009

One of my very first posts, in which I describe a meal I wanted to make. I still want to do this. Who’s in?



2. The Tale of Little Henry, the Unusual Elephant.

April 8, 2009

A charming children’s tale, written by myself.



3. Vodka, Pie, Facebook, and the Sporfe.

November 8, 2009.

Inane musings. Incidentally, the room that I mention in this post now has a huge sign on it that says “No Alcohol Past This Point!”



4. Christians of Facebook

April 11, 2010

First overtly Christian post!



5.Taking X-ACTO Knives to Books Like A Crazyperson

July 23, 2010

This is one of my craft type posts. I'm pleased with the end results



And there it is. Thanks for putting up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment