Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's hard to breathe in Disney Land

I've had Pocahontas' "Paint With All The Colors of the Wind" stuck in my mind for quite some time now. I've been delighting (or annoying) my wonderful roommates by randomly bursting out with it.

How hiiiigh can the sycamore grow? If you cut it down you will never knowwwwww.

Pocahontas obviously grew up in the pre-Wikipedia era, because a simple search reveals that the American Sycamore (platanus occidentalis) typically grows up to 30-40 meters. 

While I was singing this I recalled that the colors of the wind she was referring to were leaves:

It made me realize that there's always stuff randomly floating in the air in Disney movies.
And by "always" I mean "in at least one other movie:"

SFX
Simba is alive?
I'm sure there are other movies with random debris floating through the air, but I'm afraid I can't be bothered to do a great deal of research about it.

I am, however, concerned with the vast amount of pixie dust floating around the land of Disney.

I wonder if anyone developed a breathing condition, with all the magic floating around.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about that before... I believe you may have stumbled on to something here. :)

    ReplyDelete